Promoting Children’s Health, Development and Wellbeing: Integrating Cultural Diversity
Faculty of Psychology
Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta
However, many children in some parts of the world are still far from being well. They considerably have worse health, poorer developmental and lower learning outcomes. Others live in unfortunate circumstances and generally decrease their wellbeing compare with the others.
Call for Papers
The conference committee is pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the International Conference on “Promoting Child Health, Development and Wellbeing: Integrating Cultural Diversity.” The Conference will be held during the 5th – the 7th of November, 2015 by the Faculty of Psychology at Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University (UIN) Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Conference will address a range of critical issues relating to child mental health from various perspectives, such as psychology, medicine, education, religion, sociology, anthropology, law and others. Keynote speakers include some of the leading thinkers on these areas, as well as numerous paper presentations. The presentation ideas that extend beyond these thematic areas will also be considered.
The paper presentations will address one of the following themes:
|1. Health-related Mental Health
||2. Learning & Development
|3. Risk factors
||4. Families & communities
|5. Safety & security
||6. Service & Intervention
The seminar will be held during the 5th – the 6th of November, 2015 in the Zakiah Daradjat Theater Room Faculty of Psychology UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta, Indonesia. Keynote speakers in the seminars include:
- Prof. Panos Vostanis (Leicester University), Impact of trauma on child mental health.
- Prof. Dr. Komaruddin Hidayat (Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta), The role of religion and spirituality in child mental health.
- Dr. Meutia Farida Hatta Swasono (Former Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection), Child mental health in cultural perspective.
- DR. Dr. Nurmiati Amir, SpKJ(K) (University of Indonesia), Brain function for the development of mental health and psychopathology in children and adolescents.
- Dr. Hj. Indun L. Setyono, M.Psi, Psikolog(Head of Indonesia School Psychology Association), How schools can contribute to pupil’s mental health.
- Bambang Suryadi, Ph.D(Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta), Child development, child well-being and family life
- Dr. Risatianti Kolopaking, M.Psi (Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta), Nutrition and child mental health
- Dr. M. Asrorun Ni’am Sholeh, MA (Indonesian Commission on Child Protection), Mental health law for children: the policy, the progress, and the challenges in Indonesia.
- Dr. Natris Indriyani (Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta), Strengthening positive characters among young people.
The Conference will also conduct workshop about: “Improving knowledge and skills to help children who suffer trauma”. The workshop will be held on the 7th of November, 2015 in the Theater Room Faculty of Psychology Syarif Hidayatullah UIN Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Developmental impact of trauma
- Particular focus on attachment theory
- Recognition of mental health problems
- Formulation of interventions
- Planning evaluation
Instructor: Prof. Dr. Panos Vostanis
|Abstract submission due
Abstract acceptance notification
Full paper submission due
Paper presenter registration due
| 4 October 2015
will be informed a week after submission
18 October 2015 (extended until 23th October 2015)
30 October 2015
5 – 7 November 2015
|Programmes||Before 18 October||After 18 October|
|Seminar||Rp 500,000||Rp 700,000|
|Seminar + Oral Presentation||Rp 500,000||Rp 700,000|
|Seminar + Poster Presentation||Rp 500,000||Rp 700,000|
* Only Indonesian educators or practitioners working with traumatized children can apply to the workshop. Send your CV and letter of recommendation from your organization email@example.com before 18 October 2015. 30 seats are available.
Details for Fee Transfer
Bank Name : Bank Negara Indonesia
Account Name : Ilmi Amalia
Account No : 0214707585
Please let us know after you have transferred your registration fee by sending your confirmation payment to firstname.lastname@example.org(Subject: ICCAMH_Participant’s Name), so we can assist your needs for your arrival in Indonesia.
Abstracts of the oral and poster presentations must be submitted in English which includes backgrounds, literature reviews, and methodology. All submissions will be reviewed by at least two independent peers for technical merit and content. The abstracts can be sent email@example.com.
Faculty of Psychology, Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University, Jakarta
Jl. Kertamukti Pisangan Ciputat, Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia, 15419
Dean Office: 62-21-7433060
ACCOMODATION LIST NEARBY UIN SYARIF HIDAYATULLAH JAKARTA
|Name||Address||Contacts||Type||Price||Facilities||Distance & Transport||Web Link for Map|
|Syahida Inn*||Campus II UIN syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta
Kertamukti Street No.5 Ciputat 15419
|Telp. 021-7403422 Fax. 021-74714713
|Deluxe (Available 44 rooms)||Rp. 180.000||AC, TV, Personal bathroom, 2 Bed, Hot spot||4 mins||On Foot|
|Mercure hotel Jakarta Simatupag*
(Close to : Pondok Indah Mall, International Golf Course)
|R.A. Kartini Street No 18 – Lebak Bulus
12440 South Jakarta – Indonesia
|Tel : (+62)21/75999777 – Fax : (+62)21/75999798
Mail : H6680-RE@accor.com
|– Standard 1
– Superior Romm 1
Bathroom shower, Hot spot, wonderful views of the city-
King-size bed, Plasma TV Hot spot, wonderful views of the city
|Pusdiklat Kopertais I Building DKI Jakarta *
|Asrama Putra Street, Komplek UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta
|Telp. /Fax. 021-7405772||– Diklat I Building. Available 4 rooms (4 beds/room)
– Diklat II Building. Available 6 rooms (3 beds/room)
|AC, TV dan bathroom:
AC, TV dan bathroom
|9 mins||On Foot|
|Pondok Najda *
Gg. H.Nipan No. 01 Pisangan Ciputat, banten 15419
Wardrobe, bed, bathrooms, Hot Spot
|8 mins||On Foot|